Saturday, July 26, 2008

My favorite leash...


...Is a hemp corduroy leash by The Good Dog Company out of Colorado. http://www.thegooddogcompany.com/


I picked up this leash about six months ago, out of frustration with other novelty leashes (the nylon or canvas kind with ribbon sewn on) cutting and digging in to my hands. And, with those other leashes getting completely dirty... quickly. It wasn't cheap, but I felt it was worth a try.


The hemp leash is soft, but durable, washable, and wears well. You can fold it up in your hands to limit the dog's movement, mush it in a pocket when going off-leash, and throw it in the wash machine when it gets too dirty. I found that the lead was a little long for my liking, and had my mom cut it, making a collar out of the part that was removed.


Good control is super important for me. Leashes that are difficult to hold or harsh on the skin limit my ability to properly handle my dog. Style is also important for my pups. I like color coordinated leashes and collars that always look new, and of course-are seasonal. The pups might not be able to tell the difference, but I sure can! Did I mention that the hemp leads come in a whole variety of colors?


I try not to advocate for one company over another on this blog, but I just really think this product is a great solution to those others out there looking for more control and less hand-pain... especially if your dog pulls! Anyone who has gotten a leash burn knows what I am talking about.


That's a 'wuff' for now!


-Colleen


No comments: